August is crazy hot, often crazy humid, too! Families are typically hanging out at the pool or indoors with the AC cranked. In a couple of weeks, school will start here in the Dayton area. Sports practices turn from once-a-day to two-a-days! Dentist and doctor appointments will fill up, school and college supplies will fill shopping carts, and school staff will be back to work full time! In other words, families will be busy, and back into a scheduled routine.
It’s when the dust settles that we all start thinking of cooler days and begin to look forward to bonfires, homecomings, football and crock pot meals! It’s also when we start thinking of having portraits done. After all, the scenery is nice, the weather is ideal, and the holidays are right around the corner! It’s my favorite time of year, too, simply because of the colors, cool air, and weekends watching sports! It also happens to be one of my favorite times of year to do outdoor photography sessions for families and high school seniors. Why?
The light is gorgeous in the late afternoon, the skies are a beautiful blue, (not that hazy white stuff we get in July and August), rich colored clothing can be layered, the colors of the trees mixed with still-green grass, the freshness of the air, and a lot less sweat for our clients! It’s the most popular time of year for scheduling sessions. But, there’s a downside. Here in the Dayton area, we might get two weeks where the leaves are ideal (on trees in full color, with a few on the ground), and it begins to get dark earlier because daylight savings hits around that time, too. So, with family schedules getting crazy busy, and daylight burning, it can be a challenge to get everyone in for that too important family, or senior, portrait!
Call or email us 937-830-2884, email@example.com, to chat about your fall session!
Here are a few tips:
- Keep clothing in the same tone, ie. jewel tones, pastels, etc. See our Pinterest boards for more ideas. Go thru closets and dresser drawers to find coordinating outfits before buying anything.
- Get haircuts about a week ahead of time to avoid that just cut look and white edges along the hair line.
- Long sleeves work best. Faces and arms are usually different shades by now.
- Can’t find time to drive around the local area to figure out a location? No need to, that’s our job! Consider having us out to your house for your session, especially if you’re on super strict schedule.
- Get to know us so we can get to know you! We absolutely believe portraits are a reflection of you, not us! Sure, we have a style, but we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you! Stop by the studio at 1117 E. 3rd St to check out our work and products. We’re usually here between 10-6 Tue-Sat unless we’re on location.